At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-nurturing organisation that gives back more than we take out. We need a passionate Assistant Buyer to join our mission. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 3 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone - quality durable clothing that lasts customers a long time. This role is vital to helping us achieve this.
So, what does the role offer?
- This is an amazing chance to work with a fast growing business with strong values of sustainability at its core.
- Key role in planning new ranges for the business, alongside Junior Buyer and Buyer.
- Liaise with various suppliers, both within the UK and internationally.
- Close link to the design, marketing and product development teams.
- Tracking and maintaining stock delivery schedules.
- A chance to bring a creative mindset and do things your way, whilst all working towards a shared vision.
- Conduct trend and competitor research to stay ahead of the game!
- Involvement with garment approvals and attending fit sessions.
What are we looking for?
- 1-3 years of range planning/buying experience in a Fashion environment.
- Highly organised and flexible, ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Good relationship building and communication ability, internally and with suppliers.
- Strong knowledge of working with woven fabrics.
- Passionate about our values of fairness, sustainability, positivity and high quality products made with love!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners.
- Constant growth - we are one of the fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependant on experience.
- Located in central Brighton.
- Partial remote working supported.
- 30 Hour work week.
- Permanent role.
- £24-28,000 per annum.
- CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volumes of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x