Dear Lucy & Yak community,
We hope you are all doing okay, and that you and your loved ones are staying safe.
Here we are again. In light of the government’s announcement of a new national lockdown in England as of Monday 4th January, we wanted to share another update from us and check in with you. As ever, our number one priority is the wellbeing of our teams across Brighton, Barnsley and India and our community.
What this means for us:
- Our Lucy & Yak Brighton store will continue to stay closed until lockdown ends. We look forward to welcoming you back again in store when it is safe to re-open.
- The good news is that you can always find us online at www.lucyandyak.com and our website is open 24/7! We will continue to despatch your online orders.
- You will be able to send us your returns/exchanges as normal. We have extended our returns period; any orders placed between 1st November and 31st January can be returned to us for a refund or exchange, until the 1st March 2021.
- Any store purchases that you wish to return or exchange can be done so via our website: https://lucyandyak.com/pages/uk-returns. If you have any questions, you can contact our lovely Customer Happiness team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our online Depop store will also remain open.
What is different this time?
Following the Spring lockdown, we have already put in place a number of key measures to ensure that our team continue to maintain social distancing and we can provide a safe working environment for our operational teams. Our logistics teams all trialled this process back in May 2020 and were all happy that the teams felt safe and comfortable. The following is still in place:
1. A warehouse layout change with clearly marked work zones, ensuring a two-metre distance at all times
2. A secondary location to split our warehouse team from our sewing team
3. Shorter shifts with staggered working hours and breaks to ensure social distancing
4. A daily cleaning procedure for all areas and workstations
5. Personal Protective Equipment for all staff
6. Updated safety and new processes signage installed in all work areas
This means that at busy times, orders may take slightly longer to process, in order to make sure we can adhere to these rules at all times.
If you would like help with any aspect of your order, as always, our lovely Customer Happiness team are working from home and can help with any other areas! Please feel free to contact them at email@example.com.
Our suppliers in India have also taken the following steps to keep their teams safe:
1. Staggered working hours to ensure social distancing
2. Regular, periodic sanitisation of the factory, equipment and articles.
3. Temperature screen in and sanitisation of production staff, along with providing them with personal protection kits containing masks, soap, sanitiser, et cetera
4. Maintaining a marked two-metre distance between staff in the garment production line
We also wanted to say a huge thank you again for all your support; as an independent business, these continue to be trying times for all. As well as our internal teams, we also have a responsibility to our supply chain, and we have not cancelled any orders with our suppliers. We are also still experiencing delays with products, with part of our Autumn deliveries still due to arrive over the coming weeks, while some product launches still have missing sizes due to part shipments (you can read more about this on our Instagram post from December 17th). Thank you for bearing with us and your patience; we are trying to do our best to continue working responsibly. We really do appreciate every single one of you.
While our teams are based across England and India, we know we have a wide international community and wanted to say we are thinking of all of you. While we might be experiencing the same storm, we are all in different positions and are disproportionally affected.
Stay safe and take care of yourselves wherever you are.
Sending love to you, your family and friends.
Team Lucy & Yak