We are looking for an experienced fashion buyer to manage a small but rapidly growing team in Brighton.
Are you an experienced buyer looking to move to a brand with soul? Maybe you're an amazing assistant buyer that keeps getting overlooked in your slow moving business?
Lucy & Yak was born in 2017 with a passion for people. In the last two and a half years we have grown from three of us (my mum was helping out at the start) to now 50 employees in the UK.
We currently have a small team of four in our buying/production department, but this will double in size by the end of 2020. You will be responsible for managing this team and ensuring new product is created in line with the Lucy & Yak vision and making sure production is on track to deliver on targets.
- To create fabulous, high quality clothes and products that we love
- To be fair with everyone that has an input in the making of Lucy & Yaks
- To give every customer the most awesome buying experience every time
- To always be working towards a positive environmental impact
- To ultimately give back more than we take out
- Reporting directly to the Directors you will head up and manage the Buying department, including design, development and production
- Manage a small team in Brighton and small team in India
- Attend monthly/quarterly managers meeting in Barnsley
- Plan and manage new product development
- Plan and manage stock replenishment
- Plan and manage product drops with the marketing team
- Previous experience as a Buyer within a fashion retailer
- Drive, Energy and passion for change and improvement
- Highly organised to manage people and critical paths
- Amazing communication skills
- Awesome at working both independently and in a team
- A knowledge of or strong desire to work with sustainable fabrics and methods
- Interest in consumer behaviour
- Solid presentation skills
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external teams
- PC literate - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- A good understanding of fashion trends and awareness of the market place
- Sound knowledge of the elements that make up the cost of a product
- Understanding of supply chain - e.g. realistic lead times/ supplier capability
- Ability to develop and build a commercial product range
- Seek continual self-development and want to learn and grow
Reasons to join the Lucy & Yak fam:
- You'll get in early at one of the fastest growing brands in the UK
- Be part of an award winning brand
- An opportunity to have the autonomy to build and shape both your department and the brand
- Be part of the high level management team contributing to decisions on the direction and growth of the brand
- Do something you can believe in and make a positive difference in the world
- The most amazing and rewarding challenge you'll find in the clothing industry, maybe even any industry right now!!
- £40k-£60k depending on experience and ability
- Company Macbook
- Mon - Fri in our Brighton office
- Finish at 2:30 on Fridays
- Flexible hours possible to accommodate for travel times
To apply, please email your CV with a short but powerful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Fashion buyer application"