Finance Assistant / Assistant Accountant
This is a brand new position in Lucy and Yak's Finance department - joining at a really exciting time of change, growth and opportunity!
This role is ideal for someone who is looking for experience across the whole finance and administration function. You will either be studying towards professional qualifications (AAT or similar) or recently completed them.
The role will evolve as the business grows and will form a very important part of the team!
***The title and salary of the role will depend on your level of experience and level of qualification.
The role :
- Supporting the transactional finance team in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activity
- Participating in the production of month end and year end management and financial accounts
- Providing support for the warehouse with productivity analysis and review
- Working with the team to prepare balance sheet reconciliations for review
- Supporting the commercial team’s strategic decision making by producing accurate, meaningful and timely financial analysis
- Administration tasks including filing and managing incoming and outgoing post and emails
- Undertaking other role appropriate responsibilities as required
Your skills :
- Strong educational background to minimum A level (or equivalent) and beyond would be a bonus!
- Experience working in a Finance/Accounts department
- Strong ability to work independently, make decisions and be accountable for your work.
- Either starting, part way through, or completed a professional accountancy qualification (AAT or similar)
- Technically strong - you must know your way around Finance systems and love a spreadsheet!
- Ability to meet deadlines, show initiative, manage your own time and most importantly - be a positive and friendly member of the team!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details).
- We are trialling a 4 day working week, because we believe life is too short to be at work all the time.
- Constant growth - we are one of the most exciting & fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Based in South Yorkshire (Wombwell)
- Permanent role
- 4 day working week
- Salary - £20,000-£25,000, dependent on experience and level of qualification
- CLOSING DATE - 11/03/22