At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-nurturing organisation that gives back more than we take out. We need an experienced Garment Cutter to join our mission. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 5 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone - with quality durable clothing that lasts customers a long time. This role is vital in helping us achieve this.
What are we looking for?
- Strong experience in a Fashion/Textiles environment
- Able to use an industrial blade cutter
- Understanding of Garment patterns and fabric grain
- Highly detail orientated and able to notice and check fabric for faults.
- Able to transfer notches, pattern markings and sizing to cut pieces to ensure easy assembly for machinists.
- Health and Safety conscious for yourself and colleagues.
- Help assist the machinists with re-cutting pieces if there are faults.
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week, because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners.
- Constant growth - we are one of the fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependant on experience.
- Located in South Yorkshire (Barnsley).
- 30 Hour work week. 6 hour days. 8.45am-3.15pm
- Permanent role.
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volumes of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x