We are looking for a Garment Tech to join our growing team in Barnsley! Reporting to the Head of Technical, and working closely with our wider Production and Sustainability Team - this is a brand new position where you will have the chance to make a real impact, in one of the fastest growing brands in the UK!!
What will you be doing?
- Evaluating new clothing designs
- Creating product specifications, sending fit comments and production instructions
- Identifying suitable materials and accessories, in line with Lucy & Yak’s sustainability practices
- Working to the Critical Path maintaining deadlines
- Analysing product returns and faults, making recommendations for product improvement
- Ensure products are produced to budget
- Maintaining high quality levels - working closely with our QC team and Product team in the UK, our India team and also directly with suppliers
What are we looking for?
- 3 years’ experience minimum in a Garment Tech role
- Experience working with Jersey (required) and Knitwear (desirable)
- An understanding of Pattern Cutting
- A strong interest in and desire to work in a Sustainability/Circularity focussed business
- Garment testing experience, and an understanding of Test Reports
- Experience of working with Plus Size would be a bonus
- A committed, flexible and passionate attitude to work!!!
What are we proud of?
- We are a certified Living Wage employer
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details).
- 4 day working week!!
- Constant growth - we are one of the most exciting & fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print
- £25-30k annually
- Based in South Yorkshire (Barnsley)
- CLOSING DATE - 29/07/22
- Please send a CV to our careers team - email@example.com
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volumes of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x