Head of People, Diversity & Inclusion
At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-beating HR, Diversity+Inclusion, and People function. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 5 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone, that means quality durable clothing that lasts customers a long time, therefore this role is vital to helping us achieve this.
So, what does the role offer?
- Autonomy, trust and support - this is the first full time HR hire and we are offering the chance to make the department your own, with the support of Managers and Directors.
- Support all aspects of the employee life cycle whilst building and maintaining strong partnerships with the management team.
- Implement Diversity and Inclusion strategies across the business.
- Develop corporate plans for HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety, employee relations and performance management.
What are we looking for?
- Experience leading a HR function in an SME, comfortable working autonomously and setting up procedures, processes and systems.
- Ability to manage programs and lead staff while also possessing a strong strategic and analytical mindset.
- Think differently - creative approach and a passion for Lucy & Yak and our values of fairness, sustainability, positivity and high quality products made with love!
- Experience in a retail/fashion environment is beneficial but not essential.
- CIPD level 5 or higher.
- Tech savvy and ‘roll your sleeves up’ attitude - always striving to make things happen and find great solutions!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy and Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners.
- Constant growth - we are one of the fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependent on experience.
- Located in Brighton or South Yorkshire.
- Partial remote working supported, occasional travel.
- 30 hour working week
- Permanent role.
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volume of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x