Lucy & Yak was born in 2017 with a passion for people.
We are an independent company that makes unisex ethical and sustainable organic clothing. We are really passionate about showing the industry and leading the way in how you can create a successful clothing business that produces high quality ethical clothing differently – a place where everyone from production to customer can be happy while always working towards a more positive environmental impact.
Most importantly, our mission is to prove that you can do all of this without someone in the chain not receiving their fair share. The system is whatever we all decide to make it, so let’s make a system where everyone wins. We also champion diversity, equality and individual expression. We have incredibly engaged community and we want to continue creating an inclusive space where everyone feels empowered and celebrated.
- To create fabulous, high quality clothes and products that we love
- To be fair with everyone that has an input in the making of Lucy & Yaks
- To give every customer the most awesome buying experience every time
- To always be working towards a positive social and environmental impact
- To ultimately give back more than we take out
In the last three years we have grown from a small team of 3 to 50 employees in the UK. We are now looking for a Marketing and Community Assistant to join our ambitious and fast-growing team! You will be responsible for assisting the marketing department with social media content, community activity and internal team initiatives.
Marketing and Community Assistant Duties include (but are not limited to);
Social Media community assistance:
- Assist with community management across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest
- Reactively engage and comment daily on all tagged posts, competitions from the community
- Proactively seek and engage with accounts we follow, seek new interesting profiles and accounts to engage in
- Provide social listening feedback to marketing team on current topics, trends from the community
- Assist with community-based collaboration requests and local partnerships
Social media content creation:
- Assist with creating and posting social media content on our platforms
- Editorial assistance and copywriting
Internal community and team happiness initiatives:
- Managing internal community and team events
- Assist with the development and implementation of team lead training and initiatives
- 2 years minimum experience in marketing, social media and events (preferably in fashion)
- Retail and customer facing experience preferable
- Understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Linked In, Tik Tok)
- Creative and comfortable generating numerous ideas
- Experience scheduling and publishing of content across all social channels
- Fluent English with exceptional verbal and written skills, with a fun flair
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- An interest and understanding of social media and all things digital
- A passion for people
- A strong interest in ethical and sustainable fashion preferable
- A combination of commercial acumen and creative flair
- Innovative and fast thinking individual, who is self-motivated and collaborative
- Strong attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- A make it happen attitude that thrives in start-up environment
- Ability to work at weekends and evenings
- A personable individual with positive energy that wants to make the world a better place for both people and planet
Reasons to join the Lucy & Yak fam
- You'll get in early at one of the fastest growing brands in the UK
- Be part of an award-winning brand
- Do something you can believe in and make a positive difference in the world
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 29th July 2020.
This is a full-time position based in Brighton.
Salary dependant on experience.
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volumes of applications and being a very small team, we are only able to respond successful candidates. Love Lucy & Yak x