At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-nurturing organisation that gives back more than we take out. We need a passionate Merchandiser to join our mission. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 3 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone - quality durable clothing that lasts customers a long time. This role is vital to helping us achieve this.
So, what does the role offer?
- Be the sole Merchandiser for the business - amazing chance to be a superstar and make the department your own!
- Propose long and short term strategies, focusing on improving sales and stock turnover.
- The chance to demonstrate excellent range planning skills and the ability to contribute to the critical path.
- Work closely with the Buying team to formulate trading strategies for each key season and prepare and present plans for sign off.
- To maintain an excellent in-stock percentage of all core styles, manage seasonality and propose product promotions.
- Produce weekly reporting, stock and sales reports (WSSI)
- Manage and review all ordering and reordering through the stock management system.
- Analyse any trading activities (promotions/clearance events/pop-up events), and use the info from this analysis to inform future activities.
What are we looking for?
- Experience within a Merchandising role for a retail/fashion business, preferably with experience of own buy clothing.
- Forward thinker, ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude and passion to get involved in all aspects of the function, from managing shipments to creating WSSI.
- Ability to drive the function forwards, creative but highly analytical approach.
- Tech savvy! Ability to transform processes and create amazing outcomes.
- An awesome communicator, able to inform effectively across the business, particularly the Marketing Team.
- Passionate about our values of fairness, sustainability, positivity and high quality products made with love!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week, because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners, working closely with them and investing in their futures
- Constant growth - we are one of the most exciting & fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependant on experience.
- Located in Brighton.
- 30 hour work week
- Permanent role.
- Salary - £30-40,000 per year
- CLOSING DATE - Friday 30th October
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to email@example.com