At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-nurturing organisation that gives back more than we take out. We need a passionate Operations Manager to join our mission. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 5 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone, that means quality durable clothing that lasts customers a long time, therefore this role is vital to helping us achieve this.
So, what does the role offer?
- Autonomy, trust and support - you will need to work proactively and independently whilst building strong relationships with Management and Directors.
- Plan, direct and improve policy and operations across the whole business to improve productivity, profitability and efficiency.
- Use data and analytical tools to provide robust information on operational performance and improvement.
- Environmental focus and chance to support the development of the company’s sustainability agenda.
- Provide wide-ranging technical support across departments (Sales, Finance, Customer Support, Production and Distribution)
- Help to maximise the working experiences of a growing team of superstars!
What are we looking for?
- Experienced Operations Manager/Director with strong exposure to the Clothing, Textile or Fashion Industry.
- Ability to ‘self start’ - this is a fresh and high growth environment that requires a hands on approach.
- Tech savvy! Demonstrated skills in process transformation to create amazing outcomes.
- Strong aptitude to manage relationships across business units and functions.
- Passionate about our values of fairness, sustainability, positivity and high quality products made with love!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy and Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners.
- Constant growth - we are one of the fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependent on experience.
- Located in Brighton or South Yorkshire (Barnsley).
- Partial remote working supported.
- 30 Hour work week.
- Permanent role.
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volume of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x