JUNIOR PRINT DESIGNER
At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-nurturing organisation that gives back more than we take out. We need a passionate Junior Print Designer to join our mission. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 3 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone - quality durable clothing that lasts customers a long time. This role is vital to helping us achieve this.
So, what does the role offer?
- This is an amazing chance to work with a fast growing business with strong values of sustainability at its core.
- Work with a high-performing product team, with scope to let your ideas shine.
- Opportunity to design garment prints creatively, including external artist collaborations.
- Communication with factories and some admin based work to support the team.
- Preparing print specs ready for production.
- Create on trend, new and exciting artworks that can be used within L&Y's collection.
- Preparation of presentations and delivery of creative briefs.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in and passion for Fashion Print Design and Illustration.
- Proficient graphic design skills, using Adobe Suite.
- Ability to balance multiple creative projects concurrently whilst looking out for new artist collaborations.
- Able to create repeat print tiles.
- Familiarity with converting RGB to Pantone.
- Experience working in a retail and product design environment.
- Understanding of the L&Y brand and the importance of colour and print.
- Excellent communication skills, a team player who is bursting with ideas and fun to be around!
- Passionate about our values of fairness, sustainability, positivity and high quality products made with love!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners.
- Constant growth - we are one of the fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependent on experience.
- Located in central Brighton.
- Partial remote working supported.
- 30 Hour work week.
- Permanent role.
- £19-25,000 per annum, dependant on experience.
- CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volume of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x