Lucy & Yak was born in 2017 with a passion for people. We are an independent company that makes unisex ethical and sustainable organic clothing. We are really passionate about showing the industry and leading the way in how you can create a successful clothing business that produces high quality ethical clothing differently – a place where everyone from production to customer can be happy while always working towards a more positive environmental impact. Most importantly, our mission is to prove that you can do all of this without someone in the chain not receiving their fair share. The system is whatever we all decide to make it, so let’s make a system where everyone wins. We also champion diversity, equality and individual expression. We have incredibly engaged community and we want to continue creating an inclusive space where everyone feels empowered and celebrated.
Our Brighton shop opened in April 2019 and we’ve been having loads of fun ever since. You will be joining a tight-knit team that have a passion for ethical fashion and customer happiness. We aim to make every customer feel as if they’re shopping with their friends!
- To create fabulous, high quality clothes and products that we love
- To be fair with everyone that has an input in the making of Lucy & Yaks
- To give every customer the most awesome buying experience every time
- To always be working towards a positive social and environmental impact
- To ultimately give back more than we take out
In the last three years we have grown from a small team of 3 to 50 employees in the UK. We are now looking for a Shop Supervisor to join our ambitious and fast-growing team! This 30 hour role will be based in our Brighton shop.
Shop Supervisor Responsibilities:
- As a Shop Supervisor with us your role will include talking to customers about ethics, styling, sizing and more
- You will be a key holder for our shop & will open/close the shop on occasion
- Another part of your role will be creating exciting content for our Instagram grid & stories
- You may also be asked to support with some of our evening events
- Overall we are searching for someone with great time management & people skills who will add to our warm and friendly shop atmosphere!
- Retail and customer facing experience required
- Understanding of basic social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc)
- Experience with staff supervision on some level
- The ability to communicate well with other staff to ensure the smooth running of the shop
- Excellent customer service skills and an enthusiasm for customer satisfaction
- Ability to multitask and balance a varied workload
- Ensure the shop floor appearance is kept to high standards
- A passion for people
- Availability to work at weekends and evenings
- A strong interest in ethical and sustainable fashion preferable
- An interest and understanding of social media
- Innovative and fast thinking individual, who is self-motivated and collaborative
- Strong attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- A make it happen attitude that thrives in start-up environment
- A personable individual with positive energy that wants to make the world a better place for both people and planet
Reasons to join the Lucy & Yak team
- You'll get in early at one of the fastest growing brands in the UK
- Be part of an award-winning brand
- Do something you can believe in and make a positive difference in the world
This is a 30 hour role based in Brighton - this position with us will begin 1st September. Salary dependant on experience.
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also accepting video recorded covering letters for this role. If you would like to submit a video, please send a clip of less than 2 minutes to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm on Monday 24th August.
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volumes of applications and being a very small team, we are only able to respond successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x