SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 90+ staff on a rapid rise over the past 4 years. We want to help create a system that works for everyone + quality, durable clothing that lasts customers a long time. Above all, we are bold, passionate and constantly striving to improve!
We’re looking for a Social Media superstar to join our Marketing team! This role will be vital for Lucy & Yak to understand our customers, drive Social Media output in terms of scheduling and planning, plus get down into the details of the data and truly understand our online presence and impact.
- Alongside the Marketing Manager and Head of Creative, you will be responsible for developing and implementing Social Media strategies to increase brand awareness and engagement - across IG, TikTok, FB and Pinterest.
- You will manage the social media calendar, updating and scheduling content in collaboration with the wider Marketing and Creative teams.
- Support in the production of ‘always on’ content to be used across social channels.
- Analysis and reporting on all social data and statistics.
- Help to create game-changing, innovative and exciting ideas to take the brand forwards on Social Media.
- Form key relationships with Influencers, alongside the Marketing Manager.
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights.
- Continually enhance, engage and grow our community online, both retaining customers and attracting new ones.
- Research and utilise the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity.
- Manage the social media budget.
- Live the values! We always strive for fairness, sustainability and balance and want to keep these values at the forefront as we continue to grow.
- Autonomy, freedom to create and do things ‘your way’ whilst also working alongside a supportive and high performing team.
What are we looking for?
- 2-3 years’ minimum experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in managing and developing social media channels. (preferably from a fashion or e-commerce background).
- Excellent understanding of Digital Marketing and Ecommerce.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and paid social advertising tools (Instagram, Facebook/ Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tik Tok).
- Ability to work closely with PR and wider Marketing team to preserve and strengthen the brand’s online image and profile.
- Strong understanding of brand and direct to consumer marketing.
- Creative approach to content, brand engagement and community initiatives.
- Experience scheduling and publishing content across all social channels, plus the ability to interpret website traffic.
- Ability to identify and track relevant social media and community KPIs.
- Technically strong in collating and interpreting Social Media and Marketing Data.
- Passionate about our values of fairness, sustainability and ethically mindful fashion - plus excellent products of course!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details).
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week, because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners, working closely with them and investing in their futures
- Constant growth - we are one of the most exciting & fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Based in Brighton 1-2 days per week, the rest working remotely.
- Permanent role
- 4 day working week
- Salary - up to £35,000, experience dependant
- CLOSING DATE - 09/07/21
At Lucy & Yak, we seek to work with people based on an equitable model. Equitable models are designed to compensate for the lack of a level playing field in the fashion industry, given the structural and systemic injustices that disproportionately affect marginalised people and maligned groups. These groups are vast, but include Indigenous people, Black people, People of Colour, women, queer & LGBTQ+ people, disabled people, people living in poverty, and immigrants & refugees. Applications from all backgrounds are encouraged.