STYLIST/MIDWEIGHT ART DIRECTOR
At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-nurturing organisation that gives back more than we take out. We need a passionate Stylist/Midweight Art Director to join our mission. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 5 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone, that means quality durable clothing that lasts customers a long time, therefore this role is vital to helping us achieve this.
So, what does the role offer?
- This is an amazing chance to work with a fast growing business with strong values of sustainability at its core.
- Work with a high-performing creative team, with scope to let your ideas shine and see them through to a conclusion.
- Help to concept for and manage exciting artist collaborations.
- Working closely with the Co-Founders and Directors of the business.
- Involvement in organising photoshoots, including on-set art direction.
- Key involvement in the direction of the creative team and brand going forward.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in and passion for Art Direction and Creative Fashion Styling (3-5 years).
- Proficient design skills, using Adobe Suite (or equivalent).
- Ability to balance multiple creative projects concurrently.
- Strong fashion, brand and competitor knowledge.
- Team ethos, ability to see ideas through to completion and build strong relationships across the company.
- Passionate about our values of fairness, sustainability, positivity and high quality products made with love!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners.
- Constant growth - we are one of the fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependent on experience.
- Located in central Brighton.
- Partial remote working supported.
- 30 Hour work week.
- Permanent role.
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volume of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x