At Lucy & Yak we are on a journey to create a world-nurturing organisation that gives back more than we take out. We need a passionate Stylist/Photoshoot Assistant to join our mission. We are a people first, ethically minded and sustainably focussed Fashion business, who have grown from zero to 60+ staff on an exciting 3 year journey so far. We want to help create a system that works for everyone - with quality, durable clothing that lasts customers a long time. This role is vital in helping us to achieve this.
So, what does the role offer?
- Use your creative flair and organisation skills to assist the Stylist in preparing for photo and video shoots.
- Liaising with models, photographers and venues.
- Preparing and selecting clothing for shoots.
- Organise shoot props, samples, clothing and shop front where required.
- Work closely with the Stylist and creative team to develop interesting and exciting shoots.
- Opportunity to work for an exciting and growing fashion business with values of sustainability at its core.
What are we looking for?
- You should have some experience dealing with garments and a passion for fashion!
- Highly organised and happy to jump in and help with anything that is required.
- Creative flair and bursting with good ideas!
- Ability to build relationships with various people both within the business and externally.
- Flexible with the ability to occasionally work on evenings and weekends according to the shoot schedule.
- Fundamental knowledge of fashion and styling techniques for photo shoots.
- Passionate about our values of fairness, sustainability and ethically mindful fashion - plus excellent products of course!
What exciting things should you know about Lucy & Yak?
- We are a Living Wage employer and constantly strive for fairness.
- We work every day to improve our social and environmental impact (see website for more details) and ultimately aim to give back more than we take out.
- We are trialling a 30 hour working week, because we believe life is too short to be at work all of the time.
- We support social and economic development with our overseas partners, working closely with them and investing in their futures
- Constant growth - we are one of the most exciting & fastest growing brands in the UK and can’t wait to welcome more people into the business to join us on this mission!
The fine print…
- Highly competitive salary and benefits, dependant on experience.
- Located in Brighton
- Part time or full time considered (30 hour working week).
- £18-21,000 - closing date Wednesday 30th September
- Permanent role
Please submit a short and powerful covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your application in advance. Due to the high volumes of applications and being a small team, we are only able to respond to successful candidates. Love, Lucy & Yak x