Our wonderful bamboo underwear collection has dropped!
Join the comfort movement, right down to your underwear!
We wanted to create super soft, super comfy underwear to help you feel great.
The ‘Ivy’ Brief comes in three colours and is the perfect partner for our ‘Thea’ Bra. (Sold separately for the perfect fit, and so you can mix OR match!)
‘Ivy’ has a simple, sporty silhouette with a hipster waist band.
***ALL BRIEFS ARE NON-RETURNABLE DUE TO HYGIENE***
We used bamboo viscose which is one of the softest fabrics out there, mixed with 24% organic cotton and 12% elastane for stretch.
Some of the many amazing properties of bamboo include:
- naturally and quickly grows without the use of pesticides or fertilisers
- uses minimal water and space in its growth
- bamboo forests absorb more CO2 than any other forests
- antibacterial and hypoallergenic qualities - helps prevent odours and irritation
- highly sweat absorbent and moisture wicking (pulls moisture from skin for evaporation)
- insulating and breathable - keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter
- requires less dye than other fibres to achieve colour
- less pilling (‘bobbling’) than cotton
- one of the softest fabrics available!
And because nothing is perfect, there are a few downsides:
- a chemically intensive process is needed to turn it into yarn
- takes longer to dry than other fibres as it holds more water
- it can be less durable than cotton so works best in fabric mixes
Dani is a size 16 and is wearing L
Rufaro is a size 10 and is wearing S
Lisa is a size 8 and is wearing S
Absolutely adore them!
'Ivy’ Bamboo Brief In Black
I've been trying to find a good sustainable under option for a while and mostly they are extremely expensive. These are great, super comfy! Will be expanding my collection soon!
A bit big, I could have sized down. I picked the size according to the size chart and through previous experience with sizing at Lucy & Yak and I expected them to be snug or just right.
However, quite big! I can still wear them though & they are very comfy!
The material is great and the waistband is nice but it doesn't cover enough and it rides up. Super uncomfortable.