Introducing Kenny, our long sleeved skate tee made with the wonderful SeaCell!
We've been on the look out for exciting new fabrics which are made of the most Earth-friendly regenerative materials, whose pioneering production methods are better for the planet, and we're super excited to be using this fabric!
So, what is SeaCell?!
- A cellulose fabric (like Viscose/Tencel/Lyocell/Modal) which means it's made from plants and then turned into fabric
- Very soft
- Fully biodegradable
- Carbon neutral production
- Chemically intensive, but made in a closed loop process to recycle the chemicals and water used, so nothing harmful is released as waste
- Made from a combination of seaweed (4%) and sustainably sourced wood. This means low land usage.
- The seaweed harvesting is gentle, selective and doesn’t impact local ecosystems, is fully regenerative and uses no pesticides in its growth. The seaweed is entirely untreated and all its ecological value is retained
To read more about the wonderful properties of SeaCell and exactly how it's made, check out their website here.
Kenny is our new shape of long sleeved tee which is laid back, relaxed and oh-so-comfy. Generous sleeves with a round neckline, light drop shoulder and cuffed at the wrists. Baggy skater style and generous in the body length too. With a little printed black L&Y logo on the chest.
Composition: 60% Organic Cotton, 40% SeaCell for a super soft, lightweight and breathable fabric
Naz is a size UK 8 and wears a S
Jazz is a size UK 8-10 and wears a S
The fit of the Kenny tops are outrageously comfy! The Shirt is supposed to be baggy and a bit oversized and I'n not much of a fan of too baggy Shirts and tees so I sized one down and it fits a bit more true to my original size but still has room to flow and pull out in high waisted jeans.
The grey looks absoloutly stunning paired with the sundaze stripey Addisons or under my dungarees!
I'm in love with this. So baggy and soft its fab. I love its long too so sits over my bum which is great with my leggings. The sleeve on it makes it feel a bit more femine. I shall be wearing this the whole of autumn.