Leggings in lovely bamboo mix fabric in Ash Blue! These full length leggings have a beautiful matte texture and are so thick and soft! High waisted with a thick waist band panel, gusseted crotch for comfort, performance and movement.
As well as some leggings in recycled polyester (our Dustin and Codie styles), we also really wanted to offer some in bamboo because of all its great qualities:
- naturally and quickly grows without the use of pesticides or fertilisers
- uses minimal water and space in its growth
- bamboo forests absorb more CO2 than any other forests
- antibacterial and hypoallergenic qualities - helps prevent odours and irritation
- highly sweat absorbent and moisture wicking (pulls moisture from skin for evaporation)
- insulating and breathable - keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter
- requires less dye than other fibres to achieve colour
- less pilling (‘bobbling’) than cotton
- one of the softest fabrics available!
And because nothing is perfect, there are a few downsides:
- a chemically intensive process is needed to turn it into yarn
- takes longer to dry than other fibres as it holds more water
- it can be less durable than cotton so works best in fabric mixes
They're made of 64% Bamboo Viscose, 24% Organic cotton, and 12% Elastane
Gina and Elizabeth are UK 8 and wear S
Sara is a UK 6 and wears XS
Esther is a UK 12 and wears M
The colour is lovely, and the fabric feels so nice, I'd really hoped they'd work for me but the waist is just too big/doesn't taper in at all, so that lovely high waist turns into a low rise if I don't pull them up constantly :(
I've had them about 5 months and the fabric is starting to pull apart at the back seem. It's not fraying, but the two pieces are starting pulling away from each other (basically the back seams are not holding in place).
Really unfortunate because I do love this company and it's designs and ethics, but this is not the first time I've purchased and item from them that started to deteriorate quickly (I have also bought items that held up really well through hard wear, so it guess it's hit and miss with different items)
Love the colour and the fabric but unfortunately these do not provide much hold around the waist so I find myself pulling these up every 2 seconds while wearing them
'Wye' High Waisted Bamboo Leggings in Ash Blue
Would ideally be a bit more fitted in the leg (might get them tailored slightly) but otherwise so comfy and fun!
Very comfy leggings and high quality therefore not see through and they look great!