Leggings in lovely bamboo mix fabric in a dusty Rose Pink! These full length leggings have a beautiful matte texture and are so thick and soft! High waisted with a thick waistband panel, gusseted crotch for comfort, performance and movement.
As well as some leggings in recycled polyester (our Dustin and Codie styles), we also really wanted to offer some in bamboo because of all its great qualities:
- naturally and quickly grows without the use of pesticides or fertilisers
- uses minimal water and space in its growth
- bamboo forests absorb more CO2 than any other forests
- antibacterial and hypoallergenic qualities - helps prevent odours and irritation
- highly sweat absorbent and moisture wicking (pulls moisture from skin for evaporation)
- insulating and breathable - keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter
- requires less dye than other fibres to achieve colour
- less pilling (‘bobbling’) than cotton
- one of the softest fabrics available!
And because nothing is perfect, there are a few downsides:
- a chemically intensive process is needed to turn it into yarn
- takes longer to dry than other fibres as it holds more water
- it can be less durable than cotton so works best in fabric mixes
They're made of 64% Bamboo Viscose, 24% Organic cotton, and 12% Elastane
Gina and Elizabeth are a UK 8 and wear S
Esther is a UK 12 and wears M
Sara is a UK 6 and wears XS
I love my leggings but the colours are not really like the add showed. The colours will do me though so I’m keeping them as fair trade and we’ll made is what I’m more interested in.
So I bought these mostly to wear under other clothes and at night during my travels. Well, then corona happened, I’m stuck in quarantine in a different country and since literally all my other trousers were at the laundromat and I couldn’t retrieve them, I have been LIVING in these (literally for about 1,5 weeks now oops). I can fully testify for its antibacterial-ness cause they don’t stink at all and all my other clothes do. Only 4 stars cause the color isn’t that flattering on my bordering-on-litteral-white complexion and it does stretch out a bit (they become loose when you wear them for a while without washing them) but I thing that that would resolve itself when you wash these.
Really pleased with this purchase. The quality is amazing, lovely thick soft material. Beautiful colour and the high waist is super comfortable. Going to get some in black when back in stock!
I had ordered a small in a different color and had been pretty happy with the fit so I went ahead and ordered a small in this color as well. They weren’t noticeably bigger when I tried them on, but after washing and then wearing for a whole day I realized that they don’t stay up very well and slowly slip down my legs and waist. They work I just have to pull them up all the time. Wish it wasn’t so expensive to do returns.
washed them twice already cos i’ve worn them so much, great size, fit and comfort - are brilliant in the gym, colour is really fun, probably gonna convince myself to buy another pair in approx 4 weeks - only downside i can think of is sometimes slip down and need to be pulled up, but i have the same problem with all leggings not just these in particular so c’est la vie