This page covers the following areas:
- What is a cookie?
- Our cookies
- Third party cookies
- How to manage cookies
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns; and
- to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
- analysing visitor behaviour and numbers to our site for example frequently viewed products
- target suitable advertising to users who consent to receiving advertising
- accessing the success of advertising campaigns
OUR 4 MAIN TYPES OF COOKIES
- Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and purchase with features, such as “Add to basket” and “Wishlist”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (size charts, notifications), this is to improve your shopping experience and make it more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – used to understand when we should and shouldn’t deliver relevant ads to you. These cookies also help us understand the effectiveness of our campaigns
You can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. We have provided further information below on how to check which browser you use and how to manage cookies.
Once you know which browser you are using, follow the instructions below to check if you have cookies enabled on your computer:
CHECKING COOKIES - PC
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8
- Go to 'Tools' at the top of your browser window. Select 'Internet options'. Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies and choose 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click 'Under the Hood' and select the 'Content settings' button within the 'Privacy' section
- Choose 'Allow local data to be set'
CHECKING COOKIES - MAC
Safari on OSX
- Click 'Safari' and select 'Preferences'
- Click 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' and select 'Preferences'
- Find ‘Cookies’ under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
Microsoft Internet Explorer on OSX
- Click 'Explorer' and select 'Preferences'
- Find 'Cookies' under ‘Receiving Files’
- Select 'Never Ask'
- Click 'Menu' and select 'Settings'
- Select 'Preferences' and then 'Advanced'
- Select 'Accept cookies'
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
Lucy & Yak
4 Burnsall grove,
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
theme_popup_seen, unique token, 3 months, this is used to determine if the current visitor has seen messages
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or mailing us at:
Lucy & Yak
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
4 Burnsall grove,