What is a cookie? Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products.
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website.
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns.
- to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
- analysing visitor behaviour and numbers to our site for example frequently viewed products.
- target suitable advertising to users who consent to receiving advertising.
- accessing the success of advertising campaigns.
Our 4 main types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Site analytics or performance cookies – These help us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use our website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
Customer preference or functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, size charts, notifications).
Targeting or advertising cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. These cookies also help us understand the effectiveness of our campaigns.
End – November 2021