Our cute and classic corduroy pinafore dress in Black. Gets on well with tights and chunky boots or bare legs, depending on the day/mood.
- Signature adjustable tie straps
- Cute chest pocket - to keep your secrets in (or just snacks!)
- More pockets? Yes. Side pockets.
- Two side buttons to help you slip in & out
- Slightly shorter length
- Find your size here
- Velvety soft mid-weight organic corduroy - and fairly made!
- 98% GOTS-certified organic cotton, 2% elastane (for a little stretch)
- Coloured with low-impact Oeko-Tex approved dyes
- Read more about our Organic Cotton here
Who Made My Clothes?
- All our suppliers pay a fair wage.
- We visit every supplier we work with regularly.
- Skilfully made by a team at Spirit
- See our supplier section for more info.
- Nan, UK 10, 5ft5, wears a size S
- Joey, UK 20, 5ft10, wears a size XL
Really wanted to love it but it looks terrible on me :-( I ordered a size S first which turned out too small on the hips. Then went for a size M which is way too baggy. I personally don't like the new design and have returned both.
I have been waiting for the mini pini in black to come back into stock for months and I was soooo excited when I finally received an email yesterday saying they were back in stock. I immediately placed an order and it arrived this morning (incredible speed!!). Unfortunately, the addition of the new pockets, although in theory are amazing, in reality they are quite unflattering. They add bulk to what is already the widest part of my body (hips) and stick out at an odd angle. The pocket opening doesn’t stay closed and doesn’t lie flat against the rest of the skirt fabric. The rest of the dress fits perfectly so I’m not sure if sizing up would help. I’m so sad that it hasn’t worked for me :(
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear the sizing and fit wasn't quite right on this for you. We will pass all this feedback on to our garment technologist and our design team for you as well. If you ever need help with sizing or fit, don't hesitate to reach out to our team - We're always more than happy to help!
Super cute the length is good. Tying the straps to get the length you want is the hardest part but even then it’s relatively easy
This is so comfortable and looks actually very flattering which I was not expecting. I am a UK 16 and I bought a Large and it's a little bit roomy but still fits nice and very comfortable. It attracts less lint than I was expecting compared to other L&Y products too. I still wish there would be a length in between mini and midi though because I feel a little self-conscious with such a short skirt but the midi looks a bit long for me and looks like it would be unflattering which is putting me off buying one.
Love my new dress! It's comfy (comfy enough to roll around the floor with the toddler), doesn't show all the belly rolls and is super versatile. I can combine it endlessly with different tights, shirts, belts and shoes. Dress up or dress down.